The love of green interiors has risen steadily for the last few years and green is quickly becoming the trendiest colour in home interiors. From green velvet sofas to green glass vases, accessories, faux plants and green painted furniture, varieties of this hue are being used to create a calming and inviting atmosphere in living rooms, bedrooms, and other spaces.
Green is the colour of life, harmony and nature, so why not bring it into your home? It's a great way to create a peaceful and calming atmosphere due to it being the most restful and relaxing colour for the human eyes to view. Not only that, but using green in your home can also have some amazing benefits. From improving your mood to helping you sleep better, the colour green can be used in a variety of ways to make your home more inviting and relaxing. In this article, we'll explore why you should use green in your home and what the benefits are. So let's get started!
Why You Should Use Green for Home Decoration
The use of green helps to bring nature indoors and can be used for both traditional and modern homes. It also has a calming effect on the mind and body, making it a great choice for those who want their home to be a sanctuary to relax in after a long day. Plus, with its natural earthy tones, it pairs well with almost any other colour or texture. It makes a great base colour or accent colour.
So if you're looking for ways to add some colour into your home decor without compromising on style or comfort, then why not go green?
How to Incorporate the Soft and Soothing Green Colour in Your Home Decor
Green Living Room Ideas
We sold more green sofas and armchairs last year than any other colour (including grey!) Green velvet is a design classic that is timeless and elegant. Although green sofas are pretty vibrant in colour, they provide the wow factor, green is a very versatile tone that fits in a wide variety of interior styles. So our for instant impact add green glamour in your living room by changing the sofa to green velvet. By bringing an element of nature into your home with a green sofa it will instantly feel more relaxing.
This luxurious Swyft Model 07 Green Velvet sofa is the perfect addition to any living space. With its stylish dark green colour and velvety texture, it's sure to elevate the aesthetic of any room. Plus, it's incredibly easy to install, arriving in boxes so it’s easy to get in any room. No tools are needed for a fast, simple setup process. Plus, it's available for next-day delivery so you can start enjoying your new piece of furniture quickly and easily.
How do you style a dark green sofa?
Style a green sofa with other nature inspired elements such as wooden furniture, woven rugs and lots of plants. If you’re upping the style stakes with a velvet green sofa then look to add metallic touches such as gold vases and accessories for a luxurious feel. If you’re going for more of a relaxed vibe then layer up with a chunky knit or soft touch throw to add more texture and snuggliness.
How to Use the Colour Green in Your Bedroom
If you're looking to create a peaceful and luxurious atmosphere in your bedroom, then green is the perfect colour. Green is often associated with nature and tranquillity, making it the perfect choice for a designer bedroom makeover. With its calming effect and ability to bring life into a room, green can be used to create an inviting space that will help you relax after a long day. So if you're looking for a home makeover that will turn your bedroom into a tranquil oasis, consider adding some shades of green!
Painted coloured ceilings are bang on trend at the moment. If you're only going to paint one area in your bedroom then I'd go for the ceiling for a strong style statement.
Either side of the bed you can balance the look with painted bedsides. Upcycling your existing furniture can be a project completed in a day with Fusion Mineral paint (which also comes in a fabulous variety of green colours).
How to use the Colour Green in Your Bathroom
If you're looking to give your bathroom a makeover, why not consider adding a splash of green? Green is the perfect colour for bathrooms because it's calming and relaxing yet still invigorating. It can also help to create a more natural atmosphere. Whether you're looking for subtle hints of green for a spa-like feel or want to go all out with bright shades for a more invigorating experience. Consider the shade and texture for maximum impact.
How to Choose the Right Shade of Green for a Room
Decorate with green. Paint is the most transformative thing. Decorating a wall, ceiling or whole room with green can allow you to get a whole new look relatively quickly as easily.
Consider your overall palette before committing, greens with a blue base are quite impactful and striking. Combine with soft whites and pale bone colours to keep it light and playful. Greens with a more yellow undertone such as Olive sit really well with metallic elements such as brass or gold handles that enhance their natural warmth. The versatility of green means that you can be bold and fully embrace it across all walls (and even the ceiling) or you can pare it back and use it as an accent colour.
What colours compliment green?
All colours work well with green including vibrant brights such as red, cool blue tones and naturals such as browns and taupes.
Green and crisp white is a classic look, which adds freshness and a clean contrast to any room.
Almost all shades of green work well together. Green tone on tone works wonderfully well for a harmonious look. Mix sage with emerald, khaki and lime, think about a forest canopy with its vast variety of shade and tone. All greens work together in balance.
Green and yellow sit next to each other on the colour wheel so rooms in this palette are harmonious and calming. Look for soft shifts in shade such as chartreuse and sage.
Green and pink are complimentary colours and a favourite colour combination of many interior designer. It’s high impact, you’ve only got to look at Mother Nature’s floral creations to see why this combination works so well.
For a electric and more unusual edge go for orange with green. Burnt sienna and rusty terracotta work wonderfully to give a vintage vibe.
8 Creative Ways to Add The Colour Green in Your Home
- Make a great first impression by painting the front door. A confident and friendly colour green gives a calm feeling to your visitors. From soft sage to deep forest green or vibrant emerald. There is the right green for every door!
- Investment statement piece: Transform your home now with a green velvet sofa. It’s classic, it adds a luxurious high-end feel to a room and is perfect for creating a cosy and relaxing atmosphere.
- Budget project: Upcycle existing furniture such as bedside tables or a side table with a lick of green paint. Have a look at the Fusion Mineral Paint range for a wide variety of shades of green from the pale sage of “Conservatory” to the deep evocative shade of “Manor Green” there is a suitable shade of green for every style.
- Add a faux plant to a dark corner to add texture and interest. Faux plants have really come on in the last few years and are incredibly lifelike without the maintenance or daylight required for real houseplants.
- Add a beautiful bedspread or throw on the end of your bed to add cosiness, colour and pattern to your bedroom. This is a great way to add another layer of green or use it as an accent colour in a neutral room.
- Green glass adds reflections and hundreds of shades of green to any room, try versatile pieces such as this vase or glass candlesticks that can be used in any room.
- Green is a great choice of wall colour for a hallway or lobby, particular if it extends to the garden as it extends the space by joining to outside with the indoors. If you have a small dark space a cool soft green works wonders adding a soothing freshness.
- Add green artwork or create your own. From classical framed botanicals, a large bold abstract print or create your own unique painted canvas. Art is a brilliant way to incorporate the colour green into your home quickly and easily.
I can never get enough of the colour green. It’s calming, natural, happy and so varied that it will easily fit into any interior design style. It can make a bold statement or be a quiet whisper of neutrality in your home, it’s generous and giving and ultimately a positive colour.
Will you be using green in your home? Let me know in the comments below
Feeling inspired? Shop our green coloured collection here