How To Buy A Sofa Online: 10 Tips For Success
The sofa is the centerpiece of any living room, and it's a piece of furniture that gets a lot of use. That's why it's important to choose a sofa that's comfortable, stylish, and built to last. With so many options on the market, it can be tricky to know where to start.
If you're looking for a sofa that's affordable, easy to assemble, guaranteed to fit and fast to deliver, then a sofa in a box is the way to go. Swyft Home
is a leading brand of quality sofa in a box products, and we're here to help you find the perfect sofa for your home.
In this blog post, we'll give you 10 tips for how to buy a sofa online, so you can make sure you get the best possible product for your needs.
The Benefits of Buying a Sofa Online
Shopping for a sofa online can be a great way to find the perfect piece of furniture for your home. There are many benefits to buying a sofa online, including convenience, affordability, and the ability to get exactly what you need in the size, shape, and style that you want.
The first benefit of buying a sofa online is that you have access to a large selection of products, so you can easily find the perfect piece for your home. Shopping online for a sofa doesn't just save you time, but it also saves you money, you can also find sofas with specific measurements and fabrics that you won't find anywhere else. Plus, buying a sofa online means that it's shipped directly to your door, so you don't have to worry about lugging a bulky piece of furniture home. And if the sofa is a Swyft sofa in-a-box,
it's easy to assemble and can be put together quickly without any tools.
10 Tips for Buying a Sofa Online
1. Do your research: Before you buy a sofa online, take some time to do your research and find out which products are the best for your needs and budget. Read client reviews
and compare prices between brands to make sure you're getting a quality product.
2. Think about size: When you're shopping for a sofa online, make sure you measure the space where the sofa will go and compare it to the size of the sofa you're considering. Don't forget to factor in doorway and stair measurements as well. If you struggle with visualising or want to try it in a variety of layouts then making a paper template from newspaper or left over wallpaper is a great way of helping you to see how much floorspace it occupies in a room.
3. Consider your style: You don't have to settle for a straightforward, neutral sofa if that's not your style. There is a wide variety of styles, fabrics and colours, so if you're looking for something bold and unique, you'll be able to find exactly what you're looking for. We now also offer a made to order service in a huge variety of fabrics such as wool, cotton, boucle, chenille, mottled velvet and suede. These aren't on the website but do drop me a message to discuss your requirements. Make use of my design skills. These can usually be delivered in 10 working days even though they're make to order so you don't have to wait long to sit on your beautiful new sofa!
4. Check the details: When you're shopping for a sofa online, pay close attention to the details. Look for high-quality materials like linen, cotton, or leather, and make sure the sofa is robust and sturdy. You should also consider the sofa's filling - foam and fibrefill are good choices if you want cushiony comfort. Look for a quality hardwood or steel frame that's built to last.
5. Compare prices: Independent retailers often offer better service and deals that you won't find in larger stores, so it pays to shop around for the best deal. Make sure you read the terms and conditions before you make a purchase, so you know exactly what you're getting.
6. Consider delivery: When you buy a sofa online, you'll need to factor in the costs and timing of delivery. Some companies (like us) offer free delivery, while others may charge extra. Make sure you read through the details and choose a company that offers a speedy and cost-effective delivery service.
7. Ask questions: If you have any questions about the sofa or the delivery process, don't be afraid to ask. Good customer service is key when you're buying such an important piece of furniture online, so make sure you choose a company that's helpful and responsive. If you want to chat through options and delivery use the chat function on our website or call me on 01465871044 if I'm not available please leave a message and I'll call you back.
8. Look for guarantees: Most online retailers offer some kind of satisfaction guarantee, so if you're not happy with your purchase for any reason you can return it for a full refund. It's best to shop with companies that offer a no-hassles return policy, so you know you're covered if anything goes wrong. We offer 100 days to change your mind with Swyft Sofas, all we ask is that you return the sofa in the boxes that it came in (if you don't have them you can still return it there is a small surcharge to cover the cost of the boxes). The fabric has a 2 year warranty on it and the frames come with a 15 year warranty for peace of mind.
9. Read the fine print: Make sure you read the product description and Terms & Conditions carefully before you make a purchase, as this will ensure that you understand what you're purchasing and what's covered in the event of any problems.
10. Take care of your sofa: Finally, make sure you take good care of your sofa once it arrives. Vacuum it regularly and spot-clean any spills or stains as soon as they happen to keep the fabric looking its best.
How to Find the Right Sofa For You
When you’re looking for a sofa online, make sure to consider a few key factors. First, consider your lifestyle: if you have kids or pets, you’ll want a sofa that’s durable and easy to clean. If you’re looking for a slouch-worthy addition to your living room, then go for something that’s designed for comfort. You should also consider the shape of the sofa. Rectangular sofas are great for larger living rooms or if you like to entertain, while smaller sofas like a loveseat or a corner sofa can be a great choice for a small space.
If you’re looking for something more versatile, then a modular sofa can be a great choice, as it can be configured in different shapes and sizes. Finally, you should think about the fabric of the sofa. If you want something that’s easy to clean, then faux leather or vinyl are both good choices, while cotton, velvet or linen are great if you’re looking for something soft and comfortable.
How to Measure Your Space for a New Sofa
Before you buy a sofa, it’s important to make sure it will fit in your space. To do this, you’ll need to measure the area. Start by measuring the length and width of your room, then measure the height of the doorway or any stairs you’ll need to navigate in order to get the sofa into your home. Next, measure the area where the sofa will go to make sure it will fit. Be sure to factor in any furniture that your sofa will need to accommodate, like an armchair or side tables. Check if it will fit through the doorway and hall. If you’re buying a Swyft sofa
in a box from us, then you don't need to worry as it's guaranteed to fit through any narrow spaces or doorways. Finally, measure the sofa itself. Look at the sofa’s measurements and make sure it will fit in the space where you plan to put it.
I hope you've found this list helpful, if you have any questions do drop me a message and I'll do my best to help. Whether it's on style, colour choice, delivery times or anything else!
Ready to shop? View our stunning range of beautiful sofas here
Help a small business out by leaving a comment or sharing this on your social media.